Friday, July 17, 2009

Give me my Romeo

"Come, gentle night; come, loving, black-browed night; Give me my Romeo; and, when I shall die, Take him and cut him out in little stars, And he will make the face of heaven so fine That all the world will be in love with night..." —Romeo and Juliet Act III scene iion

I'm in a writing mood today, well most days. I have just begun reading the "Twilight" series, thanks to my wonderful sister-in-law and I am intrigued, entranced, and pleasantly distracted by the characters Stephenie Meyers has created. Her work is imaginative and inspiring. When I first began to read "Twilight" I thought to myself, "Am I a little too mature (old) to be reading this book?", but then I was suddenly caught up in the story of Bella and Edward. More importantly I realized how much I missed reading and escaping the reality of the world around me.

I, as many of you, work very hard trying to accomplish goals, visions, missions, etc. Whether we work for advocacy, education, ourselves we are all walking/running towards a goal. Often times they seem unreachable.

I take pleasure in reading a book so delicately and sweetly written because it allows me to escape. It encourages me to endlessly love my husband and family. It inspires me to write, which I miss ever so much.

I am just before finishing "Twilight" and will continue to post as I complete the series. Who knows I may begin a series of my own....any ideas on a topic? :)

Have a blessed weekend.

RRL

1 comment:

sbrayboy said...

i love the twilight series. you wait until new moon... it was so emotional reading that book. a great escape! continue writing and doing what you love!! love you sis!

itcos, shannon b.