Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Loss of a Crown

I hope this blog finds all of you well!

Oryan and I just recently moved to Hope Mills. We are so excited about our new home; however on Tuesday of this week I came home to discover our home had been burglarized. We were devastated. We immediately called 911 and reported the break-in. Much to my dismay, when I woke up Wednesday morning, to get ready for work, I discovered both my Miss North Carolina and Miss Fayetteville crowns had been stolen.
I cannot explain how I felt at that moment. My crowns represented a life time of hard work, accomplishment, life achievement, and life changing moments. In addition to other personal items that were stolen, the theft of my crowns changed the entire ordeal to something even more deceitful and menacing.
I am hoping through various media outlets enough attention will be drawn to the crime and my crowns will be returned. Oryan and I have decided to offer an reward for the safe returns of the crown. Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thank you and God Bless each of you!

Rebekah

2 comments:

Duane Brayboy said...

"I am sorry" does not quite cover the series and levels of anger, frustration, sadness, victimization and sense of loss that you are experiencing. Having been raised in Hope Mills and Fayetteville, I gladly left there in '95 for all of crime and drug activity. I sincerely hope you and your husband do not have the same experience. Congratulations on your new home. May Eptá Tewá/God bless your lives and home.
Duane Brayboy

Emily said...

Rebekah I am so sorry. I know that with guidance from the Lord you will get the peace you need during this time.
As you will find in Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.