Friday, November 14, 2008

When I Think Of Home

During lunch yesterday my co-workers and I discussed typical topics that covered religion, relationships, extended family, and the future. I began talking about my desire to be closer to home. Anyone who knows me or has heard me talk about Atlanta knows how much I loved living there and do miss the city. But as Oryan always says (and Dorothy) "There's no place like home!" Durham is now my home and although I was hesitant to move back to North Carolina I am so glad that we are here. The friendships, memories, laughter, and tears, have made our move home the best decision we could have made.

There are many times I wish I could click my heels and be home, with my mom and dad, my nieces and nephews, and dear friends. Eventually I believe my journey will indeed take me and my family home.

There is a feeling of comfort that surrounds me as I drive through down the road, which was a dirt road for well over 20 years, to my mom and dad's home. In years to come I will refer to this land as the home place. I miss it.

I am excited about my own family, me and Oryan, and yes my Oliver! Our family will be extended in the year or years to come. I relish in the idea of having a corner to call our own in this massive world.

When the idea of losing someone that you love is present, reality hits you full force and you truly understand why you should live each day as if it is your last.

A very dear friend shared this Bible verse with me years ago and I would like to share it with you...

Isaiah 40:31

"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

2 comments:

Paco Bailac said...

saludos......

pacobailacoach.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Very pretty@